Last Date to apply: May 30, 2021
The Government of India under the aegis of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is offering five scholarship slots to Spain under the framework of the Cultural Exchange Programme/Educational Exchange Programme for pursuing PhD doctoral courses.
The applicants should be within the age of 18-30 years (relaxation upto 45 years) to be eligible for this scholarship.
Applicants are requested to log onto "Admissions to Alumni" (A2A), the Scholarship Portal developed by ICCR at http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/
List of Universities and lists of courses offered in various universities may be referred to on University websites by the applicants. List is given in the A2A Portal. This is to avoid time delays in processing applications, in case the course desired by an applicant is not available in a particular university. A2A Portal also provides web links of each university and courses offered by them at the time of filling the application and selection of university and course.
Please carefully note the following:
- Applications should be submitted latest by 20th April 2021 through the online application mechanism.Applications should be complete in every detail. Kindly read the guidelines on the portal.
- ICCR does not award scholarship for Medical/Paramedical (Nursing/Physiotherapy/anaesthesia etc.)/fashion courses.ICCR does not accept applications for Casual Research/ Diplomas/ Short-term courses.
- Students applying for Post-Doctoralcourses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- An applicant should have studied mathematics, physics and chemistry at Higher Secondary level to be eligible for admission to science/engineering courses.Please note that for science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
- Personal medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for availing ICCR’s scholarship.All ICCR scholarship students will have to procure Medical Insurance policy with minimum sum assured for Indian Rupees Five Lakhs which is equivalent to US$6800 per annum.
- Medium of instruction is English in all the Universities in lndia.
- While filling the application, applicant have to write a 500-word essay in English on one of the topics / subject mentioned in the Portal.There is an optional provision for applicants to provide their standardised test scores, if available in any of the English Proficiency Tests like TOFEL/IELTS etc.
- Student has option of applying in 5 Universities/lnstitutes of his/her choice in preferential order.Indian Universities/ Educational institutions are autonomous and independent bodies and have their own eligibility criteria on the basis of which they confirm admissions.
- Students are advised to stay in the hostel,if available.However, students are allowed to stay in private accommodation if the concerned institute does not insist.
Detailed Guidelines are available at:
Instructions for Applicants:
For FAQ´s, kindly refer to the link below:
For information on Financial Terms and Conditions, please refer to link below: http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/assets/site/docs/Financial_Terms.pdf
For any further queries, interested students should contact the Culture and Academics Section of the Embassy of India in Madrid by email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com