VFS Global has been authorized to accept applications for Passport services and collect fees/service
charges. For detailed information please visit: http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/spain
There are three VFS offices in Spain which are located in Madrid, Barcelona & Las Palmas. All applicants for
passports are requested to approach the VFS office in their area. The contact addresses of VFS centres are
MADRID: Calle del Cardenal Marcelo Spinola 2, Planta Baja, 28016 Madrid
BARCELONA: Carrer de Sardenya 229, Piso 3, Oficina No.1, 08013 Barcelona
LAS PALMAS: Calle Leon y Castillo 177, Piso 4, 35004 Las Palmas de GC
For any assistance, call on VFS helpline centre at the following numbers-
+34 917693741 (English & Hindi)
+34 911985138 (Spanish)
EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If you are resident in Spain, you must follow the following steps:
i. Application forms for passport services will be accepted at the centres in Madrid, Barcelona and Las
Palmas. Applications for passport services can be deposited at any of these centres, depending on the
convenience of the applicant irrespective of the place of residence of the applicant. For detailed
information please visit: http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/spain/Issue-Re-issue-of-passport.html
ii. Applications for Passport Services can be sent by Post at the following address:
India Consular and Visa Application Centre (ICVAC)
VFS Global Spain SL
Calle de Cardenal Marcelo Spinola, 2,
How to apply passport
Track your passport application
2. If you are resident outside Spain, you must follow the following steps:
i. If your passport is lost or stolen you must immediately report this to your nearest police station
(Comisaria) and file a report (denuncia).
ii. After filed a police report, you are required to personally visit the nearest VFS Centre, for
obtaining replacement passport or Emergency Certificate to continue with their travel out of Spain.
The procedure with regard to issue of Emergency Certificate & Duplicate Passport are as follows:
In the event of loss of passport in the case of an Indian tourist who wishes to return directly to India, he/she may opt for getting an Emergency Certificate issued (which is a one time travel document valid for only one journey to a destination in India). The journey is possible with a connecting flight without need to leave the airport at intermediate country. To know the minimum requirements to apply for Emergency Certificate, please visit:
Emergency Certificate checklist.
For detailed information please visit: http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/spain/pdf/F-Ops-CL-Emergency-Certificate-Checklist-En.pdf
In the event of loss of passport in the case of an Indian tourist who wishes to travel to a country other than India, he/she will be issued a passport. To know the minimum requirements to apply for Duplicate passport, please visit:
Passport application checklist.
For detailed information please visit:
1. Issue of duplicate passport/one way travel document (Emergency Certificate) depends on the confirmation of authencity of the previous passport, nationality and clear police verification reports etc. The processing may take longer time in case we have to seek clarification/confirmation from other PIOs/Missions.
2. You may need to arrange a new flight to allow you time to obtain a travel document.
3. The police report will sometimes be accepted by some airlines to travel in Europe in lieu of a passport. However, you should always check with your airline before the travel.
Official translators and interpreters in Spain
Spanish notaries public